Education and Training
Becoming a caregiver to a person you love can be a rewarding experience. At Attention Plus Care, we offer specialized training to help you learn about health care and treatment, along with proper safety techniques.
Learn How to be a Caregiver:
- Helping with basic life tasks, such as bathing, dressing, toileting, and eating.
- Monitoring bowel movements for signs of constipation or diarrhea.
- Dealing with proper wound care.
- Learning how to care for someone suffering from dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
- Caring for someone with a terminal illness.
- Fall prevention.
- Swallowing or aspiration precautions.
- Seizure, bleeding, and oxygen precautions.
- Learning the signs, symptoms, and interventions for infectious diseases.
- Knowing about how the body moves so that you can safely transfer someone.
- Managing medications.
Delegating Nursing Skills:
- Identifying and training caregivers who can safely be taught nursing tasks such as G-Tube pump feeding, inserting a straight catheter, and subcutaneous injections.
- Verifying on a regular basis that caregivers are preforming nursing tasks safely and correctly.