Having to keep up with various medications and medication schedules can really be confusing. With multiple doctors and hospital visits things can get overwhelming. We have a proven system to help you or your caregivers keep track of different medicines, make sure you get the medications you need, determine what times they are to be taken, and when they need to be refilled.
Our Care Managers can help by:
- Obtaining orders from physicians to verify all medications.
- Pouring and sorting the exact medication doses needed into pillboxes according to the right time of day and day of the week.
- Updating the previously sorted medications when the doctor changes dosage or drug type.
- Reviewing special instructions on how medication should be taken and different drug interactions, so that you or your loved one can be kept from harm.
- Calling the pharmacy when refills are needed and calling physicians when new orders need to be placed.
- Educating family members and caregivers on how drugs should be taken, the purposes of your medications, and any side effects that may occur.
- Picking up medications, or coordinating delivery by mail, and purchasing other items needed for safe care.
- Monitoring to ensure that medications are being taken properly, and that the medication is working, and informing physicians of any adverse effects that drugs may be causing.